ACRA, the Association of Commons Registration Authorities, Limited was incorporated in February 2006. Until July 2008 it was known as The Commons and Greens Registration and Management Association (CGRMA).
The aim of ACRA is to support Commons Registration Officers and staff whose work includes all aspects of common land and town and village greens. The ACRA aims to promote good practice and provide effective communication in order to keep members informed of matters both political and technical which affect the registration of common land and town and village green, in particular the implementation of the Commons Act 2006.
ACRA's Town and Village Green Evidence Questionnaire is available for public use by clicking here. (For use in England and Wales)
Defra's Guidance for completing Form CA16 (N.B. England only)
Commons Registration Authorities should, and in most cases must:
- Keep registers (maps and sheets) of common land and town and village greens (the registers);
- Allow public inspection of the registers and related documents, free of charge;
- Provide offical copies of the registers and related documents, for which a fee may be charged;
- Provide for replies to CON29 search enquiries concerning the registers;
- Process applications seeking to amend the registers in a timely manner;
- Process section 15A(1) applications (Form CA16) as a matter of urgency, as any representations must be made within 12 months of deposit of the application with the authority;
- Maintain a website to:
- publish Notices concerning applications seeking to amend the registers;
- publish Decisions concerning applications seeking to amend the registers, with reasons for the decision;
- publish fees and any proposed changes to those fees;
- publish commons registration authority contact details; and
- Maintain and use an e-mail list of all those wishing to be informed of any Notices concerning applications seeking to amend the registers.
For Local Authorities wishing to join the Association and gain the benefits of membership please contact email@example.com for further details